be more confident
i used to be really shy, but i realized that being shy is not really beneficial in any way, so i decided to change.i also realized people tend to see you as you see yourself. so i say you should always be lifting yourself up in your own mind… don’t ever, ever, never ever put yourself down in your head! if you do, people will start looking down on you too…it’s weird but it really happens.if you act like a confident person, people will treat you like a confident person, and you will get more confidence as a result. i know it sounds strange but try it! it works!!~
I seem to have issues where I can never initiate anything. I could like someone but they always have to be the one to make the first move, to be the one to invite me to do something. I have an anxiety problem or something where the thought of calling someone and inviting them to do something makes me really nervous. I think I’d be alot happier if I could get over this but I seem to have this deep rooted fear of rejection.
Confidence is about having belief in oneself, but how can we believe in ourselves without really knowing ourselves?
Often, there are aspects of our personality that are underdeveloped or that we deny, ignore or even fear. Once we know and accept who we are, we can uncover our true gold and move more quickly toward confidence.goog luck!
It often seems hard to feel confident around people who know so much more than I do. For awhile now, though, I have felt more confident in what I do know, and in my ability to ask questions and learn from others. It’s fun to go to others and ask them to teach me things, especially when laughter is shared over the endeavor. It takes a bit of effort to get away from the “you really have no clue, do you?” mantra I was raised with at times – but being older, I feel better that I can say – no, those who told me that were wrong – I do have a clue, and what I don’t know, I can ask about and learn more about from those who do. I am becoming convinced that confidence is a kind of grace that comes with accepting one’s own limitations, yet not feeling restrained by them – because they are only permanent if one wishes them to be; confidence is also a silent strength, that comes from victories in accomplishing the goals one sets for oneself.
Steps to get there.
1. for one month write down one or more things I did well that
day.
2. Review that list at the end. Identify strengths.
i just need to be less shy. i am condfident with my close frieds and bf but i am hopeless in groups of people i dont know. i go to this posh girls school where all the girls think they are victoria beckham and it is hard to keep up with them. i feel more comfortable with guys than girls as i can use my considerable flirting skills to get on with them but i am hpeless with other girls. GRRRR
i felt better telling my boss about my POS colleague who is being groomed for my boss’s position (or so it seems). He is dishonest & demeaning. i can’t stand him.
i have put up with him and his ignorant but pompous sidekick for a long time now. finally i’m glad i had an opportunity to tell my boss about him today.
nothing may come of it but i feel better about having gotten it off my chest.
Getting a little more confident at work, been there 3 months now, am really trying to make my presence more known! Is hard though and people commenting on my quietness doesn’t encourage me to suddenly be loud! What are you supposed to say when someone says ‘you’re very quiet aren’t you’, am I supposed to scream at them?!
No comments:
Post a Comment